Saturday, December 11, 2010

Some new soaps

Today I was filled with inspiration and formulated two new soap recipes which are saponifying nicely as I write this.

The first is a goats milk soap, my first goats milk soap ever, I am very excited to see how it will turn out.  I used a couple newer scents that are just divine, the main portion will be vanilla bean and the smaller spheres will be hot cocoa, kind of like a thick creamy vanilla chocolate shake.....yummy!  I will post pictures when I un-mold it tomorrow.

Second I did a makeover on an old favorite of ours.  The avocado bar.  It's a beloved bar amongst our collections and I enjoy re-working it from time to time to keep it the best bar it can be.  This time I reworked the scent and also made changes to some oils to increase the lather.  This soap is already super moisturizing so I did not need to make any changes with that.  The old recipe was avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil and avocado butter.  Also the green clay and crisp melon fragrance.  Now I didn't really like the final color of this bar, instead of being a pretty greenish color is turned a brownish (not my cup of tea really).

This time I used the ever lovely avocado oil, and also coconut oil, palm oil, olive oil and castor oil (for more lather).  I added vitamin E oil as well as the green french clay.  The batch is currently saponifying but so far the green color is spot on and the scent of lemongrass (just divine!)  I can't wait to unmold this and take photos to share.

Till then~

tata from your soapsmith.......

Vanilla and chocolate goats milk soap
The close up shot


Avocado soap saponifying in the mold

Avocado soap out of the mold and sliced, look at that beautiful green color!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!