Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Green "life hack"


This is off topic of soapmaking, selling or anything in-between but I thought it was a cool idea and wanted to share. I have been using this little eco friendly life hack for quite some time. 

For those that purchase the paper "milk" cartons that have the plastic pour spout you can save and reuse that plastic pour spout for so many other items. Check it out, below are the two components you need to make this happen. Save the pour spout from the milk carton and locate a couple of canning jar rings.

 
 
Next, cut the milk carton to for the size canning ring you want to use. Tip: I put the spout off to the side for easier pouring. Trace your circle and cut it out. 

Finally put it all together and enjoy your new green pour spout! Below are my sugar and coconut milk pictured with their spiffy pour spouts.


I will finish by saying that while these don't last forever for liquid items like the coconut milk they do last a very long time and add more miles to the single use plastic pour spout that is on the carton. They are quick and easy to make also and I like knowing that I am reusing something that would otherwise end up in a landfill because (at least where I live) these milk cartons and their parts are not recyclable.

What are some of your favorite green living hacks? I am always excited to learn new ways to re-use everyday items so feel free to share.

As always
~Your clean & green Soapsmith


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!